It's called the Cooking 101 Meme
I could use some cooking advice. In fact, I could use a LOT of cooking advice. Would you indulge me? If you've read my blog very long you know that my kitchen disasters are legendary. I have a few culinary questions for you. Please feel free to share recipes!! (and instructions on how to decode them)
1. What is the best dish you can cook?
2. Do I have to beat eggs or can I whip them gently? Sounds so violent to me.
3. I am reading a recipe right now for Hearty Beef-n-Cheese Pie from a recipe book I dug out of the cabinet. The instructions read..."Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large frying pan, brown ground beef, onion and green pepper."
I am already lost. Why must I turn on the oven and put the frying pan in it? And how does one turn beef AND peppers brown at the same time?!
What color should the onion be?
4. Did you ever cook something for your family that no one enjoyed and you had to throw out?
5. Why do all recipes say "mix sugar, flour and salt?" Don't they cancel out the other?
6. Why must you add eggs "one at a time" to a mixing bowl? Does anybody really know the answer to this question?
7. Please post the recipe to something you think even I can cook.
I am begging you! It is no fun being a afraid of my own crockpot.
Your Hungry Queen