Welcome to The Queen's Meme
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday
Happy Chinese New Year! All over the world today - January 23 - people are celebrating The Chinese New Year, ushering in the much acclaimed Year of The Dragon 2012. There will be fifteen days of food, firecrackers, incense burning and revelry. It is considered to be the luckiest of all lunar Chinese new years. Prosperity and good fortune are central themes during this time of traditional hoopla. Let's participate in the Queen's Castle today. What do you know about this phenomenal worldwide event?
1. In a traditional Dragon or Lion Dance, the loud drums and cymbals are thought to chase out evil spirits. How do you do YOUR traditional Dragon Dance to drive out any evil in your life? (Do you dance with dragons?......or just old Elvis records....inquiring minds want to know)
2. Have you experienced any good or bad omens this year?
3. I believe that good fortune has more to do with personal integrity, honesty and character than ancient symbolism. Treating people the way you would want to be treated goes a long way in warding off that pesky negative Karma. Dragons are considered evil creatures according to European culture , but in Chinese culture the dragon symbolizes supernatural power and goodness. Which one do you believe? Or would you rather just try the good ole' Golden Rule.......
4. Chinese couples will attempt to have "Dragon babies" in the year 2012. In order to take advantage of astrological predictions of wealth and success, name one thing you should attempt to "birth" that could bring you good luck.
5. You are in charge of the Chinese New Year Parade in your town. Who will ride on the first float?
6. What is your favorite Chinese food?
7. Chinese people often think of themselves as descendants of the mythical Dragon creature.
Do you have any mythical creatures in your family closet?