Welcome to the Queen's Tuesday Meme #27
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious. Always fun!
Step out of the box. Be creative. Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.
Maestra Mimi has a quiz for you today. How much do you think you know about the Olympics? See if you can go for the gold and answer these questions correctly. IF you want to spoof it, by all means, spoof away! The answers are at the bottom of this post. NO CHEATING unless you want to end up in the you-know-where.
1. What year were the very very very first Olympics held?
2. The original games were banned for being a pagan festival because the Olympics celebrated the Greek God of........??
3. In 1896 the first modern-day Olympic Summer Games were held. Which country won the most medals that year?
4. Which country has won the most medals EVER at the Winter Games?
5. I predict that Blogging will become the next Olympic event recognized by the International Olympic Committee as a valid sport. How would you train for this event? And if you think it should be a team event, who would you include on your team?
6. What do the five Olympic rings represent?
7. No country in the Southern Hemisphere has ever hosted the Winter Games? Why?
8. What the heck is curling? Why should it be a sport??
9. Mark Spitz won 11 medals in the most combined overall medals category. What was his sport?
A. Skiing B. Swimming C. Looking good D. Resigning from public office after a sordid scandal
10. In ancient times females were forbidden to watch the games.
What was the penalty for doing so?
11. In 1908 the organizers of the London Olympic Games added another 385 yards in order for the royal family to have a better view of the finish line.
Which sport was it?
12. What event would you like to see added to the Olympics? Why?
Extra credit and a guarantee you won't end up with no medal or meal in the dungeon this week.
What was your favorite Olympic event or moment to witness this year at the 2010 Olympics?