It's called the Basic Music Theory Meme 101It's simple! Answer the questions and/or identify the following very basic music symbols and tell us what you think they mean. You can answer correctly (don't peek in the dictionary!) or you can spoof 'em. I'm talking to you, Coopernicus. Can you snark something this academic?
1. What is the symbol above called?
2. Imagine you are playing saxophone and suddenly see the symbol above in your music score. What do you do?
3. And this ornate object is???
4. Are these two rests equal or unequal in value?
5. Name at least 2 things missing from the Treble and Bass clef show below that would be seen in an actual piece of music.
6. Why is the treble clef above always getting in trouble? What is wrong with it?
7. What is the name of this note?
8. What is the key signature in the piece of music below?
BONUS! The correct answer will keep you out of the dungeon for awhile.
9. What is the last note on a piano keyboard?