Welcome to the Queen's Meme
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday
#79 The Give and Take Meme
We've all been givers. We've all been takers. Is it better to give than to receive? Hmmm.....always a question up for debate. Depends on the circumstance I suppose. Who wrote that line anyway? Quite possibly the person who didn't get what he gave. Or maybe a selfless soul full of true righteousness. Maya Angelou wrote that "giving liberates the soul of the giver." I would tend to agree. Another favorite quote of mine on the subject is by Khalil Gibran: "Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need."
What are our motivations for giving? And what, pray ye, will ye take? That is my question.
Why am I suddenly speaking Quakerish?
I'd better get on with this meme.
1. IS it better to give than to receive?
2. Can you name a special or unique gift you've received? What made it special to you?
3. What does it mean to "give of yourself?"
4. Tell us something you once took that you wish you could give back.
5. Have you ever been robbed of something that changed the course of your life?
6. If you could give one thing to the people that you love most and give it in abundance, what would it be?
7. When is the last time you GAVE yourself a good talking to?
I will leave you with one of our brightest minds on the subject of giving, Albert Einstein. He wrote:
Albert Einstein: Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
Wise man that Albert.