Welcome to The Queen's Meme #124
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday
Let's talk rain. Some need it. Some want it to go away. I just want to stay out of it. I'm writing a separate article about this on Mimi Writes this week about my experiences past and present with rain. Since what is going on in my life is usually what comes through in this weekly meme, I'll ask a few watery questions. It's time we take rain a little more seriously. It's Pop Quiz time. (Some of the answers can be found at the bottom of this post.)
1. Scenario: You are out of town driving home with about an hour left to go on the road. Suddenly a storm approaches and you find yourself driving in a flash flood. Do you know what to do?
2. Scenario: Your car is pulled off the road by the water that is criss-crossing the highway by overflowing streams and ponds. You are swept away and find yourself in a car submerged and trapped in water. Hundreds of people drown each year in this manner.
Do you know what to do to save your life?
3. What are the rules for driving in rain conditions? Do you know them?
4. Did you know that hydroplaning can be caused and made worse by balding tires? Have you checked your tires lately?
5. Hydroplaning: Has this ever happened to you? And if it did, what should you do?
6. Cruise control when it is raining. Yes or no?
7. How deep does the water have to be to become a driving hazard?
What Happened To Me Last Year
Video: How To Escape From A Sinking Car
Tips For Driving In Rain
What To Do When Your Car Hydroplanes