Warning! Deeply intellectual meme approaching.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Queen's Meme #74
~ The Disaster Meme

Welcome to The Queen's Meme #74
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday

Have you ever wondered how ready you would be if disaster struck your home or your town? Are you prepared for it? The horrific events in Japan this week and my own mini-disaster at home (of little consequence in comparison) caused me to start thinking about maintaining my Emergency Kit. I actually made one after 9-11 for Bloggingham and made kits for my parents and members of my family. Let's see how ready you are. Here's a link to The US Department of Homeland Security FEMA just in case you need it.

According to FEMA: A disaster supplies kit is a collection of basic items that members of a household may need in the event of a disaster.

1. How many days worth of food, water and supplies do you need in your Emergency Kit?


2. You should prepare supplies for home, work, and vehicle. 
What item do you need in your car that is not needed at home?


3. If you are evacuated from your workplace. 
You grab your "grab and go" bag. What is in it?

4. How many gallons of water should each person in your household need for 3 days?

5. Tell us your favorite non-perishable food items.


6.  How much cash are you going to hide in your emergency disaster kit?


7. Do you have a basic emergency plan developed for you and your family? Have you written it down, practiced and discussed it? Does everyone know where the emergency supplies are?









4 comments:

Sue said...

I learned a lot about how utterly unprepared this household is in case of disaster.

Nessa said...

Depsite my smart ass answers, this did leave me realizing I should at least make SOME plans. Bad things don't always happen to OTHER people and they never seem to happen to those who deserve it lol.

Anonymous said...

another disaster in the making!!! i'm so proud...

Diane said...

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that no plan has been in place!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...