Warning! Deeply intellectual meme approaching.

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Queen's Meme #5 ~ The Woodstock Meme ~ I Dig It!





Welcome back to The Queen's Meme. Each week the type of meme will change; sometimes silly, sometimes serious, but always fun!

This meme is all about using your imagination. Free your inner blogginess. Step outside the proverbial blox (that's blog + box for all you non-blog speakers). Answer these ridiculous situational questions and post them on your own blog. Here's the situation for today. We won't tell a soul. And remember:
Don't end up in the dungeon.






Forty years ago this week, three days of peace, love and rock 'n roll (and mud) happened near Bethel, New York. It was the Summer of 1969.
Attire: Hippie jeans. Long hair. Legal or illegal smoke. Psychedelic vibe.

The scene: You are at Woodstock. You go alone but meet up with a beautiful man/woman. You spend three days together.
Put yourself inside the peace & love vibe. You can choose to be stoned or straight. I put it in the story for the sake of reality. Just don't inhale in this meme.
This is the conversation you have upon meeting or you can make it into what you overhear others say.
It makes no sense and has no continuity by design.
You must fill in the familiar blanks to finish the story. Some are song lyrics. You may use more than one word to fill in the blanks.

Oh! I forgot to tell you (must be the smoke in here) You have a new name. It must a combination of the first letter of your first name, the third letter of your middle name and the last letter of your last name.
Peace out!
Somebody might wanna turn on a fan in here.

1. "Hello, my groovy name is _____.

By the looks of those flowers in your hair, you must be_____ .
Didn't they tell you? No _____ allowed!


2. Come on, Baby, light my _____ .

When I lay me down to _____ I pray the_____ my _____ to keep.

If I _____ before I wake, I pray the _____ my _____ to take.
**puff puff**

3. Because the first time ever I saw your _____ I realized that what the world needs now is _____ sweet _____. Besides, I always feel guilty watching you _____ when I should be _____.
But I dig it!

4. Have I told you lately that I _____ you? Hey! Don't step on that _____ !!
Dude. That guy is really weird but.....

5. There's a party in my sleeping bag and half a million of my _____ friends are coming over tonight and we're gonna _____ my baby off my mind. Darn the luck. It's raining _____ (s) and _____ (s)
Luckily, Papa was a rolling _____ and I'm on a first name basis with the cops.
**puff puff**

6. I'm really digging your _____ but that _____ has got to go. Those flowers in your hair are beginning to smell like _____.
Have I told you lately that I _____ you?
** puff puff**


7. I'm beginning to see _____ in those trees over there. Do you see it?
Out of all the millions of hippies here, you are the most _____.

But I dig it, man.

**puff puff**

8. I'd use all my blood, sweat and _____ just to get next to your _____.

Love is free but I'd really like to buy that guy's _____.
It says "Make _____ not _____. " Far out!


9. I'm grateful to be _____ 'cause there's a bad _____rising in Jefferson's Airplane. But that's okay, 'cause Joe Cocker said I could get by with a little _____ from my friends.

10. Oh, by the way, your _____ is on fire. But I dig it.


** You might stay out of the dungeon if you post a picture of yourself or someone you know in your hippie clothes (if you're old enough)**

Be sure to read The Anonymous Player's answers in the comment section! He's a riot.

23 comments:

Cat. said...

No photo from me: my parents were not likely to buy me anything even remotely hippi-ish. I wasn't even allowed (by them) to wear jeans to school till I was 17.

Kitten said...

BAH! How funny! Cat and Kitten are the first two participants!

Mimi Lenox said...

Cat - Really?
Your meme is very funny. Well done!

Mimi Lenox said...

Kitten - Let's hope no dog follows or you two will be in trouble.

Stef H said...

you really had to be there!

hugs,

Mimi Lenox said...

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Step the Glitterbabe was actually at Woodstock. Amazing. I'm going now to read her blog. You should too!

Lady Jo said...

okay, this was harder than it should have been. The kids have fried m brain this week. Birthday parties are much too taxing on one's sanity. But it is up and posted! YAY!!

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I fear thee has finally lost thy marbles! I'm very afraid. I shall try to return ere long, but Woodstock? Oh, Lordy!

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

I'm done! I'm tired! I'm going to my chambers!

Ceri said...

That was so fun and I was in such a weird, funny mood when I filled it in haha.

No photos of hippie clothes from me (as I explain - I was a little bigger when i went through my hippie faze) but there's a picture of my hippie tattoo. Hope that counts :D

Mimi Lenox said...

Mama - You are the best. With all you have to do each day, I'm impressed you found time to go to Woodstock.
No dungeon for you.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Wednesday


Wednesday


Wednesday

Mimi Lenox said...

THE ANONYMOUS PLAYER aka SVEM

1. "Hello, my groovy name is Svem

By ze looks of zose flowers in your hair, you must be coming all ze vay from Norway

Didn't zey tell you? No dried flowers allowed!




2. Come on, Baby, light my barbecue, we'll eat some soul food

When I lay me down to smoke, I pray the weed my brain to keep.


If I fry before I wake, I pray the girl my fumes to take.
**puff puff**

3. Because the first time ever I saw your half-face I realized that what the world needs now is love sweet love. ---cencored-- Not bloggable try: Besides, I always feel guilty watching you hide when I should be helping you shine.
But I dig it!

4. Have I told you lately that I read you? Hey! Don't step on that!!
Dude. That guy is really weird but he has a waaaay cool motor bike.

5. There's a party in my sleeping bag and half a million of my ex-mother-in-law's friends are coming over tonight and we're gonna smoke my baby off my mind.

Darn the luck! It's raining hard drives and memories. Luckily, Papa was a rolling spliff and I'm on a first name basis with the cops.
**puff puff**

7. I'm beginning to see a fairy camp in those trees over there. Do you see it?
Out of all the millions of hippies here, you are the most far out girl.


But I dig it, man.

**puff puff**

8. I'd use all my blood, sweat and dry oak just to get next to your hearth.


Love is free but I'd really like to buy that guy's slogan.
It says "Eat tomahtoes not tomaytoes. " Far out!


9. I'm grateful to be here 'cause there's a bad moon fairy rising in Jefferson's Airplane. But that's okay, 'cause Joe Cocker said I could get by with a little from my friends.

10. Oh, by the way, your soul is on fire. But I dig it.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

This was the grooviest, most far out, most psychadelic most uh...what was it again?

CrisDee said...

You come up with some brain twisting stuff. Always makes me thing just a little differently.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

This one was groovey, baby.

j said...

Sorry about not playing along this week - I am enjoying my annual 'Back-to-school' depression. I read a couple of posts though... groovy answers.

See you next week.

entsala said...

this was a really hard one! i was just about 5 or 6 when the hippies were all happening, and even though tye-die shirts are something i just love and they certainly fit my personality, the closest thing to a pic is the one of our ceremony in my regalia-not very colorful. :=(

Anonymous said...

But "Your Hineyness" You should see those skirts...I'm telling ya. And I revived ya and all ... how bout some fried liver and onions? I'll prepare it real good for ya. Amanda gave me the recipe :)

Bing Yap said...

JUST finished playing.. posted now. sorry i had deadlines here.

Mr said...

Working On it, Soon I promise.

Allie said...

Definitely an interesting meme!

Travis Cody said...

Publishing tomorrow! Just one more to go and I'm caught up!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...